Cutting the Prop aperture and boring out the hole for the stern-tube are intimidating jobs - you only get one chance to get it right. But it’s easier to tackle these tasks before the planking goes on, and Leo's had the help of a shipbuilding engineer to work out the best shape and size for these alarming new holes.
Also in this episode, Leo finally make the template for the final shape of the transom, and Pete fairs it into the rest of the hull very nicely - more-or-less completing the tedious but valuable fairing job. The shapes of the lower planks get lined out and marked on the frames in preparation for fastening the floors.
To become a Patron - https://www.patreon.com/sampsonboatco
To donate or support - http://sampsonboat.co.uk/support/
- The 126ers - Gold Bug Island
- Craig MacArthur - Bird Therapist
- Freedom Trail Studio - River Changes
- Mini Vandals - Tacklebox Blues
- The Great North Sound Society - Corndogs in Santa Monica
- The 126ers - A Call Is Upon Us
- The Great North Sound Society - South Street Strut
- Dyalla - Cats and Gats