In this episode we take on the glamorous and exciting job of fairing the hull! We start with power-planes and then use a variety of grinders and sanders for our initial fairing, taking off the worst of the high spots and shaping the outside of the boat into a smooth curve. Fairing can be a surprisingly complex and difficult job, but is essential for the next steps of the project, which we discuss - caulking, sealing, painting, and so on..
Meanwhile, Rowan makes a ridiculous quantity of bungs and David works inside the boat, taking off the sharp frame corners with a spokeshave.
To become a Patron - https://www.patreon.com/sampsonboatco
To donate or support - http://sampsonboat.co.uk/support/
- The Shepherd - The Mini Vandals
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame - E's Jammy Jams
- Come and Get It! - Dan Lebowitz
- Kick the Can - The Mini Vandals
- Hang for Days - Silent Partner