In this episode we install the Aquadrive thrust bearing (which requires an extremely shiny and strong custom stainless steel bracket), the coupling, the stuffing box, the prop shaft, and the propeller!
Our neighbour Dylan help us with lots of machining work as we cut the shaft to length, cut the keyway, face the coupling, and so on.
(Something that Leo didn't mention is that because the Aquadrive isolates the motion of the prop-shaft and propellor from the engine, the amount engine noise transmitted through the hull is less, so the engine will also be a little quieter than it would be with a more direct coupling.)
To become a Patron - https://www.patreon.com/sampsonboatco
To donate or support - http://sampsonboat.co.uk/support
- Big Blues - Audionautix
- Proctor - Topher Mohr and Alex Elena
- Moving On - Wayne Jones
- Sneaky Bass Latina - Jimmy Fontanez / Doug Maxwell / Media Right Productions
- Slap Yo Mama - Everet Almond
- Six by Eight - Jimmy Fontanez / Media Right Productions
- In the Garden - Silent Partner
- Rural Stride - Josh Kirsch / Media Right Productions